MissionTo provide a platform to empower and develop youth in unlocking their potential by impacting their communities.
ValuesWe recognize that the most significant value to all societies is their youth. That is why TYC focus is to collaborate with youth.
- EMPOWERMENT - challenging existing struggles and narratives that impede Arab-Canadian youth from thriving in joy and success.
- DIVERSITY - recognizing that Youth are diverse and multifaceted peoples that add value through differences.
- INCLUSION - empowering youth by celebrating and exercising their strengths through innovative projects and initiatives.
- UNITY - bringing together youth from all backgrounds to connect, collaborate and belong in their society.
- All of the work that The Youth Company creates and shares is focused on identifying issues faced by youth, providing solutions and fostering change.
- The Youth Company is not affiliated with partisan politics, does not advocate for any political parties, platforms or leaders; and does not tolerate extremist and inflammatory positions.
- The Youth Company does not tolerate any negative connotations for other parts of the Canadian and global community.
- The Youth Company celebrates different beliefs however, does not tolerate the pushing of any ideologies, belief systems or religious agendas.
- The Youth Company does not tolerate any direct or indirect racism and any form of direct or indirect discrimination based on age, disability, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
Our ProgramsOur programs target youth and professional organizations with private, public and non-profit sectors. We are committed to engaging civic leaders who are already impacting their communities with youth looking for a place to start. TYC recognizes three focus areas to work with youth to achieve social responsibility and impact:
TYC 10 Years: Youth Development & EmpowermentFounded in December 2010 in Doha- Qatar, The Youth Company is a grassroots social enterprise. With the mission to provide youth a platform to grow, learn and experience important personal and professional development skills that could help them integrate easier to the adult and professional life.
Operationally, TYC has delivered
- 220 projects including small-scale workshops to large-scale youth festivals and leadership conferences
- 323,000 youth engaged
- By the youth, for the youth, to the youth.
TYC’s growth has been substantial in many sectors and industries-all with one goal-to empower and develop youth, giving them opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Operated programs and initiatives in Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, UAE, USA, United Kingdom, Lebanon, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Egypt, and France.
In 2020, TYC has started it operations in Canada- by launching "Arab Canadian Empowerment programs focused specifically in developing and empowering Arab-Canadian youth.
About The Youth Company & SDG
TYC pledges to align itself with United Nations & SDG’s values and principles, especially in terms of youth empowerment and development.
Sustainable development goals and Youth: Building on its global convening role, the United Nations is uniquely placed to act as a source of protection and support for young people, and a platform through which their needs can be addressed, their voice can be amplified, and their engagement can be advanced.
The UN fully embraces young people’s diversity in all its forms. Therefore, the UN employs and advocates for methods and approaches reflective of this diversity to make sure all young people can reach their full engagement, empowerment and development. The UN recognizes young people as rights-holders, and promotes and facilitates transparency, accountability, and responsiveness from governments, international organizations and others toward young people. (https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/youth/ )
The Youth Company and the SDG’s Objectives for youth are that youth become:
- Critical Thinkers
- Changes Makers